Ground Nuts In Shell
Groundnut shells, sometimes called peanuts in shell or monkey nuts, have a special flavor, texture, and health benefits combo. Let’s explore the world of groundnut in their shells, their delicious flavor, their interesting applications, and the reasons why so many people adore them.
- Extended Shelf Life: The nut is naturally protected from moisture, insects, and oxidation by its protective shell. As a result, your groundnuts will have a longer shelf life and maintain their deliciousness and freshness for longer periods.
- Richer Flavor Profile: Compared to unshelled peanuts, the nut’s flavor is richer and more powerful since the shell shields the sensitive oils and flavor components inside. Also, the taste is slightly earthy because of the shell.
- Nutrient Powerhouse: Whole groundnuts are a great source of protein, good fats, vitamins, and minerals, among other vital nutrients. They are a good source of fiber, which is helpful for stomach and digestive health.
- Sustainability and Waste Reduction: Groundnuts in their shells are a more sustainable option than unshelled peanuts since they require less processing and generate less waste. Using the shells as fuel or composting them will also help in promoting a circular economy.
Groundnut in the Kitchen:
Shelled groundnuts are an extremely versatile component that can be prepared in several ways, such as
- Snacking: Whether roasted or raw, shelled groundnuts provide a tasty and nutritious snack that goes well with dried fruit or other nuts.
- Cooking: To add crunch and more protein to salads, stir-fries, curries, and other foods, add them. Additionally, groundnuts provide sauces, dips, and even baked items with a really unique flavor.
- Flavoring: By roasting the shells and powdering them, a tasty spice is produced that may be added to stews, marinades, and soups to give them a nutty depth.
Selecting Proper Groundnut:
- Appearance: Look for solid, dry-shelled groundnuts that show no evidence of damage, discoloration, or mold. Avoid those with cracks or holes in the shell, as these can be home to harmful insects or moisture.
- Size: Larger groundnuts are usually more flavorful and have a higher meat-to-shell ratio.
- Sound: Give the groundnuts a shake and hear if they rattle. This shows that the kernels inside the shell have not wrinkled and aren’t dry.
- Freshness: To guarantee freshness, buy groundnuts from a busy store with a high volume of sales. Avoid nuts that have been stored for a long time.
GroundNut Storage for Maximum Freshness:
- Cool and Dry Location: Keep groundnuts out of the direct sun and heat in a cool, dry location. Temperatures between 50°F and 70°F (10°C and 21°C) are ideal for storage.
- Airtight Container: To keep the groundnuts fresh and stop them from absorbing moisture, move them into an airtight container. The best solutions are metal containers or glass jars with tight-fitting lids.
- Refrigeration or Freezing: Groundnuts can be frozen for up to a year or refrigerated for up to six months if they are being stored for an extended period. For protection against freezer burn, make sure they are kept in an airtight container.
Signs of Spoilage:
To guarantee food safety, discard any groundnuts showing the following signs of spoilage:
- Mold growth or discoloration on the shells
- Sour or rancid smell
- Kernels that are wrinkly or soft
- Insect infestation
With the unique flavor, impressive health benefits, and versatility in the kitchen, these nuts should be added to every home. So, next time if you’re looking for a healthy, delicious, and multipurpose snack or ingredient, don’t forget to give Durga Enterprises’ groundnut shells a chance. The hidden gems they contain may surprise you!
|Grade||Bold 18/22, 20/24, 22/26 Counts per Ounce|
|Molds and Live Insects||None|
|Imperfect Grains||Maximum 5%|
|Aflatoxin||As per Specific Requirements|
|Packing||30 Kgs Net/Gross Each, Stored in Jute Bags|
A crunchy source of protein and fiber, straight from the shell!